Search techniques for Locate and other databases Online
To get the best results when searching using Locate and academic journal databases, you need to understand how these systems understand your search terms.
This session will cover:
- How to use Locate to find books, journal articles and more
- Key search operators, used to build effective searches
- Using this search logic on key databases subscribed to by Coventry University
Target audience: All students (may particularly benefit those with upcoming independent research)
- Wednesday, 14th June 2023
- 11:00 - 12:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL:
Joining instructions: Please click the Zoom link above to join the session at the advertised time. The Zoom room should be open from around 10 minutes before the advertised start time. Please try to join the room within five minutes of the advertised start time.
Joining sessions late is disruptive to both the presenter and other attendees. You may be put into a lobby if you are late and not admitted to the session until a pause in delivery. Please join on time and stay for the whole workshop. You are also encouraged to participate in the tasks and other interactions throughout the sessions.